Monday, March 16, 2020

Introduction and FAQ

Welcome to Quest for the Trivia, a blog dedicated to weird things about Lego BIONICLE (GBA) (2001)! For my first post, I'm going to go over a few anticipated questions, namely:

Q: Pitch this blog to me.
A:  It's like Supper Mario Broth, but for one incredibly niche game as opposed to a super popular series. Hey, why not?

Q: Who are you?
A: I'm joint dogg, sometimes known as balljoint dog. Before starting this blog, I inelegantly made a palm tree use Brakas sprites and mapped this entire game. Most of what I've done since is here.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: I keep poking at this game and finding marginally interesting undocumented or obscure things. Most of my "findings" don't warrant their own forum topics, but if I post them in a Discord only like 5 people will see them before they get buried. This way there's a permanent record without cluttering up someone else's site. Also, with COVID-19 and all, I don't have anything better to do.

Q: Will you be putting any of this on TCRF or BS01?
A: I mean, I'll put the things I think are canon and notable on BS01, sure. I don't have a TCRF account and I'm not sure what their standards are, so I probably won't put anything there. Of course, if you're a TCRF contributor, feel free to use anything on this site you want (preferably with attribution). Contact me if you want more details.

Q: Will you keep updating your BZPower thread?

Q: What tools do you use?
A: I use mGBA for emulation, Tile Molester for tile viewing, and GIMP for image manipulation. Hex Fiend is my hex editor of choice, but tbh they're all the same.

Q: How often do you plan on updating?
A: Irregularly. If I haven't posted in a while, probably I'm just busy with other stuff. When I'm out of things to say I'll let you know.

(Updated August 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment